bubbleheaderturquoise1
twitterlogo

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Life Changing


Bikes ready to go for Tri!


This is the carpet you would run in on from the Bay after your swim


These are the signs they used to direct everyone through each phase!
Here are a few pictures that I got developed from a disposable camera. I didn't have a chance to take many, but enjoy!  


This Past weekend was the Triathlon in San Diego.  It was held in Mission Beach by the Bay.  Mission Beach held the first ever Triathlon!  Also, many people participated in the Olympic distance and several qualified for the upcoming Olympics which was fun to see.  The weather was a little gray early in the morning and as usual for San Diego it got nice and sunny.  The water temperature in the Bay was a cold 64 degrees.   I had never attended a triathlon before and didn't really know exactly what to expect.   I wasn't able to get any of my friends to participate, but after talking about it I think quite a few people will be down for it next time :). I was very nervous about going to the Triathlon solo, but was reminded the day before to just have fun.  Well, It was definitely fun and a great learning experience. The Triathlon left me with the thought wondering what goal I can set to accomplish next! I hoping to give the Chicago Triathlon a try this summer, but want to come up with yet another goal.

Here are a few things I learned:

- Swim in Salt water before the race! lol. didn't expect how difficult it would be swimming as fast as you can while trying avoid the taste of salt water. lol

- Have a good bike! I thought just about any bike would be ok, but I was able to use a good bike of my coaches a while back and after this I realize it makes a huge difference.

- Just have fun! The only person you are racing against is yourself and if you are able to complete any race, you are a winner!

 

I have went through many cycles in my life with doing sports and working out. On again, off again!  I have started from ground zero several times! Over the past few months I have came to realize one major thing.  Anyone has the ability to do anything they set their heart and mind to.  When I first started doing workouts a while back I went from sitting on the couch and doing nothing to accomplishing things I only dreamed of!  I started out by jogging only a few minutes at a time and slowly worked up to an hour and a half recently.  My advice to you is to start with mini goals and just keep rolling....... YOU have the ability to do great things!



1 comment:

  1. What was your place? What would you recommend to a rookie doing this race?

    ReplyDelete

Inspire. Create. Coach.
facebook1
youtube1
twitter1
largemeetuplogo1
" Creating the impossible is
ckcoachingtextlogoturquoise1
Home
Untitled
Blogger Designed By twitterlogo largemeetuplogo1 Home Untitled